Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Medical update...

I went to the doctor to discuss my blood work results.  Did I blog about that?  I went to see if there was a reason I am so tired all the time.  It just doesn't seem normal.  Sadly, there is no quick fix for me because all of my blood results came back totally normal.  Apparently, I'm just exhausted all the time because I'm a stay-at-home mother of 2 young children.  It still doesn't feel normal to me!

But that's the pretty insignificant medical news. As you know, we have a house viewing today (I'll let you all know how it goes later).  I was desperately trying to get the house cleaned up yesterday, and the kids and I were upstairs.  I was working on their bedroom and they were in my bedroom.  Edith came out on the landing, about 1 1/2 feet away from me.  She was wearing tights (which she isn't used to) because it was a bit chilly, and I guess her foot just slipped on the stairs.  She fell down them.  All of them.

Dylan has done that about 3 times now, and we have never taken him to the hospital.  But he was always so robust, and Edith is a tiny and delicate little thing.  Plus, she was holding her right arm really funny and it was totally limp when she first fell.  Oh, and she bit her lip pretty badly and was bleeding all over the place, too.

Martin came home and we took her to A&E.  He was pretty angry with me for letting her fall.  He didn't say so, but was definitely sending out that vibe.  He also thought we didn't really need to take her.  Neither did the doctor at A&E, to be honest.  But he sent us to get an x-ray, "just in case," and got the shock of his life when it showed a definite break.  I KNEW something was wrong with her.

So now her little arm is in a cast again.  It's a big one, too.  A temporary job, so it's big and bulky and cumbersome.  We're being seen at the fracture clinic on Thursday morning, and the experts will take a look at her x-ray and determine how long the cast needs to be on.  They will also do the lighter, smaller one.  That will be nice.

Edith is doing fine.  She's happy and playing, though she did wake twice in the night last night.  And we still have that house viewing to get through today.  Obviously, the house didn't get the attention I would have liked to give it yesterday, since we were at the hospital or in transit for about 4 hours.  I did what I could last night.  It was a late one!  Still, it looks pretty good.  I just need to do the kids' room this morning, since I obviously couldn't clean it last night while they were in bed.

Poor baby Edith!

2 comments:

ShaNeil Cook Coons said...

Oh man! :( Poor Edie!

Anonymous said...

I;m sorry! Poor girl.