Sunday, September 19, 2010

"Your child had an accident at school today..."

I got a little note on Friday when I went to pick Dylan up from school. It went like this...
"Parent/Carer of ...Dylan

Your child had an accident at school today.

He/she was treated by a member of staff.

By the end of the session there appeared to be no ill effects but if you are at all concerned would you please contact your own doctor.

Description of accident:

Dylan bumped heads with a nother child whilst playing outside. Cold compress applied."

He had a tiny little goose egg on his forehead, and actually seemed quite proud of himself. I am sure it's the first of MANY notes like this.

He's still loving every minute of school, and Edith and I are enjoying our afternoons. She naps most of the time that he's at school, but we have good cuddles when she wakes up. I also had a great time with Dylan on Saturday while Edith was napping. I asked him what he wanted to do while she was asleep, and he chose a movie and popcorn. So we snuggled up together on the sofa and watched "Cars." It was such a delightful afternoon.

Martin is at work tonight. His Sunday night closer has just started university in Bolton and he had no one else to work. So here I am, curled up on the sofa again. I'm going to start working on the kids' quiet books for Christmas (thanks for the link, Mango Mom!). Feeling lonely and emotionally needy, but keeping my hands busy will help with that.

No comments: