Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Hello, dry clothes...

Our dryer broke a few weeks ago.  The drum was shearing away from the motoer or something like that.  Martin took a look at it and he's pretty good at figuring out how stuff works and what's gone wrong.  I've been draping all our clean clothes over radiators, hanging them on the one drying rack we've got, and clipping them on the sock dryers I got from IKEA.  Not fun.

My husband decided to get some stuff done this week, and he found a used dryer for not too much in the classifieds.  He drove to Grimsby (with Dylan) to pay for it and pick it up this morning, and I dried a load of whites in it this evening.  I'm so used to setting the dryer for maximum time and coming upstairs to find my clothes still wet.  Well, I put it on for an hour and took the kids for a walk.  I came home to bone dry clothes.  WOW!

(How sad is it that this is likely to be the high point of my week?)

We also had the plumber 'round yesterday, and our pipes in the bathroom closet have been moved.  We're going to see if the kids can have a sleepover at their nanna's house on Sunday and spend Monday with her so we can do our renovations.  That's pretty exciting, as well.

I have taken a night off from quiet books.  Instead, I went through my closet and paired up some layers that go together.  You'd think I could figure out what to wear when I got dressed, but I kind of need to feel creative to layer well and I never feel very creative first thing in the morning.  But now I have no excuses and am going to finish stitching up the chess board for Dylan's book.  Ugh.  I will be glad to see the end of this project.  It was fun for the first two months!

1 comment:

Mary Q Contrarie said...

I air dry every thing on a couple clothes drying racks. I have found that doing a load of laundry during supper then hanging it in the kitchen when the dishes are done is a great way to keep away the late night snacking and get the laundry dry by before breakfast.