Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving...

I wasn't sure if I was going to "do" Thanksgiving this year.  I felt a little bit like Martin's family only showed up to humor me (which is very nice of them, I know) and it's a lot of effort to go to when it doesn't mean anything.  Plus, his dad and sister still aren't speaking to each other and I didn't want to deal with all that drama.

I had decided to cook a chicken instead of a turkey with all the trimmings and just have Amy over for our usual Thursday night dinner.  Then, we got two American missionaries in our ward and I wanted to invite them for a taste of home.  Then Noelle found out I was going to cook Thanksgiving dinner and offered her tin of pureed pumpkin in exchange for an invite for herself and her fiance Richard.  Then Martin agreed to come home for a few hours to eat with us all.

So I went from not bothered to cooking for 7 adults and my two kiddies.

Last night, as I sat around my crowded dining room table, surrounded by friends and family, I felt very blessed.  I am glad Thanksgiving turned out the way it did, because I have so much to be thankful for!  Mostly, for these guys:
But, if you are reading this blog you are probably on the list of people I am thankful for as well.  I have such wonderful friends and family.

Hopefully we will be spending next Thanksgiving in Utah.  Hopefully I won't have to make the whole meal by myself ever again!

No comments: