Friday, December 10, 2010

Back on track...

After a week of being sick myself, a week of recovery from Dylan's surgery, and a week of a teething, chest infection Edith, we all seem to be healthy and happy again.

It's been a long week.  I've pretty much held Edith since noon on Monday (I was doing Christmas shopping on Monday morning), and it started to wear thin about Wednesday afternoon.  She was pretty miserable just this morning, but after a really good nap-she hasn't been sleeping very well-she perked up.

We've actually had a really nice afternoon and evening.  Edith and I picked Dylan up from school and we all drove to Scunthorpe to do some Christmas shopping for their daddy.  Dylan picked out the present, with some suggestions from me.  Then we went and got some dinner at Burger King.  Edith ate more than she's eaten in the last three days conmbined.  Then we drove home and they watched cartoons together while I got their bath ready.  The bath was fun, and story time was as well.  Now they are tucked up in bed and, for the first time in about 3 weeks, I am content.

Wow, it's amazing how the weight has lifted just from 4 hours with no crying.  Even Dylan was delighted, telling his dad during their bedtime phone call that "Edith's stopped crying!"

1 comment:

Greg, Ang & 4 kidlets said...

Sorry it's been so miserable!