Wednesday, December 29, 2010

the daily grind returns...

Now that Christmas is over, I have no excuse.  I am back on the regular housework rotation, and it's going to take some serious work to get the house back up to par.  I put some hard work in tonight on the kitchen and bathroom.  Oh, and the Christmas stuff is all packed away and the furniture in the front room moved ever so slightly.

It's always so nice to get the house back to normal after the holidays.  Although they're technically not over until after New Year's.   What a non-holiday in my world!

We're back to the English winter weather that I've come to know and love.  It's foggy and wet, just the way it should be.  And compared to the last month, it's downright warm.  I'm wearing a short sleeved t-shirt with no sweater over it right now.  Ahhhhh, above freezing weather is bliss.

Martin and I have been rocking out on Guitar Hero, and I think we're both pretty much hooked.  In fact, now that the chores are done I think I'll indulge in a little "Wii time."  I earned it by scrubbing the toilet and cleaning out the bin. Ugh.

No comments: