Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Just breathed a big sigh of relief...

It's the end of what should have been a really good day.

Got a shower.
Got a haircut.
Did make-up (properly, not just mascara and chapstick in the car).
Took the kids to the Fun Forest.
Got a Christmas tree.
Decorated it--mostly.

Sounds nice, right?

WRONG!

Edith is sicky, cutting teeth, and whining.  She spent the entire time at the Fun Forest dozing off in my arms, and has spent a large portion of the day being breastfed since she is refusing to eat proper food.

Dylan is attention-seeking, annoying and high maintenance.  Seriously, pushing all his boundaries and disobeying the most simple of instructions.  Also, screaming at me and hitting me.  Awesome.

But the tree is up and twinkling.  And the kids are in bed.  Now, I am staring at an evening of making gifts for my pain in the bum kids who I don't even want to look at, let alone hand stitch for!

I love them, really.  But they'd better be good tomorrow, or else.

Just sayin'.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Thank-You , Thank-you, Thank-you for this! It's so good to know that I'm not the only mother who has days like this with their children! I love reading your blog by the way, You are so fun!