Friday, December 03, 2010

Cupcakes...

Dylan and I made cupcakes today.  They were brown sugar and vanilla with buttercream frosting, and they were delicious!

We made them to take to Mickey B.  Martin and I had a hospital appointment this morning in Hull--our second blood test for the von Willebrand's diagnosis.  Unfortunately, Martin left the interior light on in the car.  For two days.  The battery was totally flat.  It's a long story that involves much running around by Martin and much irritation from me.  But, to make a long story short, Mick let us borrow his car to drive to Hull for our appointment.  So I took him a plate full of freshly baked, still warm in the middle, cupcakes.  I hope he knows how much we appreciate him!

Edith's been pretty miserable today, and I realized why when I took a closer look at this photo.  She's currently cutting an entire mouth full of teeth.  Poor little lady! 


And here's my darling little boy--thrilled to be able to run and bend over again, and still freaking out about getting in the bath tub.  He's recovering well from his surgery on Monday, and is very nearly back to normal.  What a trooper!

It's stopped snowing, at last, but it is now freezing.  Slush on the roads is making things kind of nasty for motorists, but we have nowhere to go so are not really suffering.  The house is kind of cold, but it just inspires me to bake more.  I just hope we can get a Christmas tree on Monday, because I am so ready to decorate our house for Christmas!

No comments: