Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Insight...

It occurred to me just yesterday that I am guilty of doing something that I HATE. I have been treating Dylan like a much older child than he is.

I pulled him onto my lap last night, and gave him a gigantic cuddle. He practically melted into me, and I realized that we hardly ever cuddle any more. He is so big for his age, and so advanced in his speech and reading. I just forget sometimes that he is really only a very young four-year-old.

So I've got a theory that one of the reasons he's been acting up is that he's been craving the snuggles and cuddles he got as a toddler.

He got plenty of affection from both his parents today, and he was better. We'll see if my theory holds up under experimentation.


Even if it doesn't, this kid is pretty easy to love and hug!

No comments: