Friday, March 09, 2012

I've got nothing...

Had a long soak in the bath tonight, and it was pure bliss. I was lying there, just thinking about my life and the direction it's taken recently. I am struggling to remember what life was like before we had kids. It's been less than 5 years. How is it possible that I don't remember it?

It's been a bit difficult this week, taking care of the little rugrats. I've been fighting off a cold and struggling with my asthma for about a fortnight now. Today was especially tough, because Edith woke up the whole house at 4:30am. I listened to Martin struggling to get her back into bed, and just felt myself getting more and more furious about the whole situation. So I got up and sorted her out myself. Sadly, getting up in the night means I'm awake for several hours. So when I had to get up with the kids later that morning, I had only been asleep for about 30 minutes. I was tired, Dylan was tired, Martin was tired. Edith was NOT tired, since she had a 2 hour afternoon nap during which I scrubbed the bathroom, including scouring the limescale out of the toilet with a pumice stone.

I know the house needs some attention when Martin actually notices that I haven't done the cleaning. He told me it was looking a bit disgusting this morning. Then he was surprised that I didn't take a nap with Edith. Men!

Dylan had "healthy eating week" at school, and his class did the morning assembly. Parents were invited, and it was good fun. He also had to keep a food diary, and they did a sponsored Teddy Bear walk today to raise funds for new outdoor play equipment. He also went to a friend's house for dinner on Thursday night. He's doing really well at school right now, except for some behaviour issues. He hasn't been sleeping as much lately, and it puts him in a foul mood. Evenings are pretty hellish, but I love him on a Saturday when I get to spend time with him at his best.

Edith got another haircut today. I think the last of the Dylan special haircut has finally been cut out. Lately, I've been styling her like a little 1920's flapper, and she looks so adorable. Still doing the terrible twos with her. Eek! But when she's cute, she is completely charming.

The kids are going to be going out with their Nanna tomorrow afternoon. Seriously looking forward to that. I think I'll finish scrubbing the house.

Then again, maybe I'll just get that nap!

No comments: