Thursday, March 29, 2012

It's a big deal for me...

The Munday kids came over on Tuesday afternoon--all three of them. They stayed for dinner and their parents picked them up at about 6:30pm. Emma had a medical appointment and Lewis went with her.

I volunteered to have them over, and it was no problem having them here. If anything, it was easier with them here than it is when it's just my two at home. And I like those kids. They were well-behaved and had nice manners. Caitlin even helped with the dinner clean-up. I actually enjoyed having them here.

So what's the big deal? I don't really like other people's kids. Sometimes I don't even like my own that much. But Emma needed the help, and what else do you do when she's just introduced you to someone as her best friend, and you realize that she's your best friend, too?

Seriously, Emma is my best friend.

That sounds so junior high, doesn't it? Like we should make each other friendship bracelets and, like, totally go to the mall and get BFF necklaces from Claire's!

But I enjoy her company so much. She is unfailingly kind to others, but doesn't seem to mind my slightly nasty streak (too much). She is one of the nicest people I've ever met, and I know she would do anything for me if I really needed some help. And I would do the same for her, because I love her like a sister and respect her as a person.

I don't make friends easily. Please see my post about being a social retard. But the friends that I do make--and manage to keep--are so important to me. So thanks, Emma. For being you, and for being my best friend.

Now get over here with your future sister-in-law so we can get our legs waxed together and gossip about boys while we watch "Twilight."

Love you, man!

No comments: