Friday, August 03, 2007

We met the neighbors...

Well, technically, we had already met the neighbors. Their names are Simon and Joanne, and they are lovely people. But Joanne is heavily pregnant and spends most of her time resting, so we had mostly talked to Simon over the garden fance. But last night I walked over with Martin to return some tools he'd borrowed from Simon, and we stood and talked to both of them for absolutely ages. I really like them a lot. I suppose that's a good thing, since their house shares a wall with ours and we can hear all sorts of things.

Simon grew up in Scunthorpe, and Joanne is from Hull. They aren't married, but are planning to tie the knot after the baby is born. Simon is 28 and Joanne is either 33 or 34, and she has a 13 year old daughter, Lucy, from a previous relationship. They have a gorgeous white dog that looks like a Husky named Dora.

They're having a boy, and are going to name him Marley. We thought that was kind of cool, because if he have a boy we are leaning towards Dylan, and then we would have the two "Bob" babies living next door to each other.

It's so nice to have people that we know and like in Barton, especially now that I am about to stop working. My life at the weekend tends to be pretty isolated because Martin is at work the whole time, and I was a little bit concerned that I would be lonely after the baby is born. But now I have my new MySpace friend, Deanna, and my next door neighbor, Joanne. Plus we have Nathan and Natalie Whall (the newlyweds) from church living in Barton, and the Mundays in Wootton. Our little circle of friends is expanding, and I love it!

Deanna and Simon came over on Tuesday night with their daughters, Sam and Evie. Simon is pretty handy and took a look at our boilers (They haven't been working since Martin and his dad did the electrics). He was able to tell us what was wrong, but not able to fix it. But I got to visit with Deanna and the girls, and it was fun. I'm going over to their house tonight as Simon is in Wales on business and then going to Stockport for a stag weekend. We figured we'd be work widows together.

We haven't done hardly anything with the Mundays lately, and I miss them! I hadn't realized just how much until I started hanging out with other people. We used to go over there a couple of times a week, then they had a new baby and I got pregnant and we were all so tired all the time. Hopefully once our baby is born and settled into a routine we will see more of them again. They really are some of my favorite people in the whole world, and I love going over to their house. They're a great couple, and a lovely family!

Friends are so important!

No comments: