Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My dating scan...

I had my dating ultrasound at Scunthorpe Hospital yesterday, and it was fun. We got there right on time, and hardly had to wait at all (very strange for the NHS, but it was 9:15 am and one of their first appointments).

First and foremost, everything looks perfectly normal. The baby is beautifully shaped, with a nice round head and the hemispheres of the brain clearly distinguished. We saw the heart fluttering away and saw arms and legs just where they need to be. This one is also a jiffler---was moving around a LOT. It looks like it might have the Priestly nose (Martin's mom's side of the family--oh no)! It also looks slightly bigger than Dylan did in his dating scan. But, I am nearly two weeks further along this time and that makes a big difference at this stage.

I don't want another 9+ pound baby! Can't we make it aorund 8 pounds or so?

I've been given an official due date of March 18. I thought the 17th, so I guessed it pretty good. I am EXACTLY as far along as I thought I was according to the scan. 13 weeks today, and officially done with the first trimester. It's been a rough couple of months, but I think I'm through the worst of it now. I'm not quite so sick all the time and I'm just starting to get my energy back. I'm looking forward to feeling the baby move!

I'll try to put a picture from the ultrasound on the blog--either tonight or tomorrow, depending on how Dylan is today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"They" say that usually the babies get bigger with each consecutive one, but my first was my biggest (probably cuz he was the only boy). My kids= boy 8 lb9 oz;
girl 6 lb 12.5 oz;
girl 7 lb 8 oz. So, if you have a girl, maybe she'll be smaller! Good luck.

Unknown said...

i agree with adriane. some say if the baby is big from the get go there usually boys but i have had some smaller boys to though. :/?