Friday, October 03, 2008

Ugh...

Today was a rough day!

Dylan was sick last night--big time! He woke up at around 10:30 pm and Martin went to check on him. He discovered Dylan's dinner lying in bed with him--ewwww! We got him cleaned up and his bed linens changed. Then I have him a 6 oz bottle. We got him nearly back to sleep and I was about to lay him down in his crib when he threw up the milk--all over both of us. So Dylan and I had an 11 pm shower, and we put him to bed with a totally empty tummy. Poor kid!

So we both had a late night last night, and today was hard because of it. Dylan was happy this morning, but really tired and drained. I couldn't get him to eat hardly anything, and he drank even less. He had the runs, which was also fun. He didn't eat much dinner, but he DID manage to keep his milk down and went to sleep like a little angel. Good thing, because I'm exhausted and Martin is working late.

I had a strange but nice moment when I was getting Dylan settled in tonight. Ever since he was born I've felt like I was just a big kid pretending to be a mommy. But tonight I actually felt like a mother for the first time. I guess all it took was 13 months and copious amounts of vomit. And you know what? It was totally worth it!

1 comment:

Adriane said...

I hate it when my kids are sick, that is when I feel the most helpless, because I can't just make it go away.
My 6 year old had reflux as a baby. She would lose an entire bottle at least once every other day--usually at the 2 a.m. feeding.
I know what you mean about the playing mommy vs. feeling like an actual mother. I still look at my kids sometimes and think to myself "wow, I'm their mom!, weird."