Monday, October 06, 2008

Update...

Well, Dylan is officially weaned! Everyone keeps asking how we're doing, and I tell them that Dylan is fine and I am ECSTATIC! It's so nice to only be sharing my body with one baby instead of two. And it's a good thing that I weaned him when I did. I was sick this weekend and don't think I would have been able to take care of myself, newbie, and Dylan if I was still feeding him.

Although I was sick, it was still a good weekend. Martin worked Friday night and Saturday during the day, so we didn't see much of him. But we stayed really busy! We had our Stake Enrichment Day on Saturday and then we watched the broadcast of the General Relief Society meeting. Since Martin was at work, Dylan had to come along. He was in heaven--loads of women making a fuss over him! He was flirting like crazy, and the 40 minute drive home meant he took a nap in the car. I even got to listen to the talks, because I brought his tennis ball and he threw it and chased it for around a half an hour.

Saturday night I went to Mablethorpe with Christine. Martin's cousin's wife Clare was in a community theatre production, and we went and watched her. We were late because Christine had to pull over a few times so I could be sick, and I nearly lost it a few times during the play, but it was fun all the same. It's nice just to get out and do something new once in a while!

Yesterday we spent the day together. We went to Hemswell market, but when we got there it was deserted (it rained on Saturday, so nobody came out on Sunday). Since we were that close to Lincoln anyway, we popped down there instead. We just had a wander. Dylan loved watching the ducks and swans, and he even fed a few pigeons! Then we went to the in-laws' house for dinner. I felt pretty sick all day, but the fresh air helped. When Martin has so little time off I hate to force him to stay home all day when he wants to do something together. After all, you can throw up anywhere!

Dylan's been having trouble sleeping. On top of the gastroentiritis he jsut had, I think he's getting his back teeth. Plus, his appetite is catching up now that he's feeling better. He went to bed at 7:30 last night, and woke up at around 10pm screaming his head off. We tried everything to calm him down, and nothing worked. Finally we gave him another full bottle. He had all of it and then went right back to sleep. Weird!

Martin and I are watching conference on-line this week instead of watching telly in the evenings. We watched the Saturday morning session yesterday, and we'll be watching the Saturday afternoon session tonight. We were both amazed that a temple was announced for Rome. Surprised and very pleased. I love it when the church expands in Europe!

Anyway, we have a busy day ahead of us so I'm going to get started now. I've been lazy and on the computer instead of starting on housework. I shouldn't do that on Mondays, since they are the busiest day of the week. Oh well--I'll catch up when Martin gets home tonight!

1 comment:

Greg, Ang & 4 kidlets said...

Sorry you guys were so sick:( Em has been getting up at night lately also, we think she may FINALLY be getting her first tooth.

I like your point about how you can throw up anywhere:) That's so true and a little bit funny:)