Friday, October 17, 2008

Where has my angel baby gone???

Don't get me wrong, Dylan is still a little cutie. But, I swear I'm not exaggerating, he's hitting his "terrible twos" terribly early. He still gives plenty of cuddles, loves to play with me and Martin, and is adorable. But he has started to assert himself--big time! He has started refusing to eat--especially if WE try to feed him. There are still a few things he will eat, but he is awfully fussy. And he has started to push boundaries. He is trying to figure out if I really mean it when I tell him no. When he does something he knows he's not supposed to, I tell him no. Then he gives me a big, angelic looking smile, and does it again!

Is this normal behaviour for a 14 month old???

I want my sweet little baby back!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

FYI the no terrible twos ITS THE HOLE TODDLER PHASE. And it just get worse and to be blunt you need to show him whos boss now before he has you wrapped around his finger so tight the puppy face and the angel looking face will be a thing of the past. You will use the no word more than anything now and if you stick to your guns he will learn eariler whos boss. This sounds mean but a stren slap on the hand does wonders or just making him sit on the floor or couch and not letting him move will teach him.., He still can be a sweet baby he just has to know whos in charge and its better he learns now before #2 comes

Joseph Zackley said...

This is not early TT's it is just how it is. All children go through periods of testing boundries, it is the only way they learn. Believe me when the TT's start you will think this was angelic behavior.

Jamie said...

Yeah, there's a kid at the stay and play group that we go to who is in the middle of his TT's. Temper tantrums, hitting other kids, kicking and screaming on the floor. I should feel lucky instead of frustrated!

Adriane said...

Wow, what you are going through is really the worst of what I have dealt with with all 3 of mine. Never went through the kicking and screaming on the floor and hitting. We did (and still do) have some temper tantrums. And Shaylee (6) is the queen of the whine! I read somewhere that a child's disposition alters approximately every 6 months between "angelic" and "terrible". I'm pretty sure it was in the last issue of Parents Magazine. You can look up the article online if you want to. Good luck and I hope you are starting to feel better and come out of the yucky early stages of Preg.