Thursday, October 09, 2008

Worries...

I have an amazing son! He is beautiful as well as good natured and well behaved (well, as much as any 1 year old can be). But as our trip to the states comes ever closer, I really worry that he'll be a nightmare when we get there. If he is, it wouldn't be his fault. It would be jet lag and an unfamiliar environment. But nobody will believe how sweet he is.

I also worry that my family will think I am a terrible mother. I mean, it will be weird enough for them to actually see me with a baby, since most of them didn't see me pregnant and most of them have never met Dylan. But what if they think I am doing a bad job of raising my baby? They probably wouldn't say so to my face, but what happens after we go home?

Totally paranoid pregnant woman concerns. I'm sure Dylan will be fine and I'm reasonably sure I'm a decent parent. I guess we'll see!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

oh my you can tell youre preggers. thats one good thing about boys they always like cute no matter what they do so i dont youll have a problems with anything when it comes to your little boy. Besides do to the fact that he is so cute he prolly get eaten up by everyone here. :}

Amberlynn said...

Oh dear. The pregnancy worries are no fun. Can I tell you my least favorite pregnant time ever was my 1st trimester with Jazz. I had the worries full force, and no cute belly to give people an excuse to be nice to me. It totally sucked.

I hope things go well for you. I'm sure they will. AND, I'm sure you're an awesome Mom!

V said...

Their will be no judging going on here, we are just so excited to see you guys, so don't worry be HAPPY Now. Love ya V

Greg, Ang & 4 kidlets said...

I think every Mom thinks she isn't good enough and has doubts about her parenting skills- it is NORMAL:) MY philosophy is- WHO CARES what other's think about it- you just do the best you know how and don't worry about what everyone else thinks:) & of course we won't judge you guys- our kids aren't perfect either- just you wait and see:) Love ya!

Kathleen and Justin Lofley said...

Promise no judgement here! We're just excited to see you and the little guy, and everyone understands when kids aren't at your best. For the record, I think that you're doing just fine as a mother and you've discovered the age-old Secret of Motherhood: no one knows what they're doing at first! Hang in there. I love and admire you and am excited to see you!