Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Edith's eyes...

We went to Ulceby yesterday and hung out at the in-laws' house so Martin could change the oil in our car (and it was DISGUSTING!). My father-in-law is currently on 10 days off at the refinery where he works, and my mother-in-law gets off work at about 1pm, so we had some good bonding time with both of them.

I, quite comically, took both kids and the dog for a walk at the same time. Dylan was riding in this little ride on car thing that I had to push, Edith was in the sling, and I had the dog on his lead until we got past the houses on their road. Must have been a sight to see, but it worked out ok. I was pretty tired by the time we got home though, with pushing Dylan, pulling on the dog's lead, and carrying Edith.

When we got back to their house, I was looking at Edith's eyes. They've been a deep sea green-blue color for quite a while now, and I thought she was too old for them to change. But yesterday, I saw a few flecks of brown in her eyes. I got all excited--I might have a cute little brown-eyed girl after all!

I remember when I was pregnant with Dylan getting all excited (and nervous) about how my baby would look. I thought it would be fun to see which features popped up in our children. And I was right--it IS fun to see who got what from which parent. And now it looks like we'll have a blonde haired, blue eyed male version of me and a brown eyed, dark haired female version of Martin. How cool is that?

We were looking at baby and toddler pictures of Martin yesterday, and I'll tell you what--Edith DOES look a lot like her daddy. I've always thought so, but looking at pictures yesterday totally confirmed it for me. The shape of their eyes, their mouths, their pointy little chins--it's all there. And Martin finally believes me. At least a little bit!

I hope you all enjoy the videos. I've been having trouble getting my videos loaded onto Blogger, so I finally just joined the masses and opened a YouTube account. It's so much easier that way, and now I can show videos of my beautiful children to my distant family. I have a cute one on my camera right now that I'll try to get posted soon. It's all about Dylan discovering that it's fun to make Edith laugh, not just to make her cry!

So other than the thing with Edith's eyes, not a lot going on right now. Martin is going to try to sell our car on E-bay so we can get one with a slightly smaller engine that will use less petrol and cost less to insure. I guess that's exciting, because we might not have transport for a few weeks.

Oh, I just thought of something exciting! We have decided to put our house up for auction. The property auction is in February and if it sells there it will take about 56 days (no more than that) for paperwork to be completed and the sale to be final. Then we will rent somewhere until we can get Martin's green card and get Edith's birth registered at the embassy and her U.S. passport sorted. Things are moving along again!

No comments: