Friday, November 27, 2009

My long, lean string bean...

No, I'm not talking about Martin.  It's all Edith.

I had her weighed and measured at the baby clinic on Wednesday.  She is in the 50th percentile on her weight.  A comfortable average.  But her height is up in the 91st.  She is tall tall tall and slender for her age.  It looks like she'll take after her daddy in her build.  Lucky girl!

She tips the scales at 17.11 lbs.  She only gained 6 oz. in the last 10 weeks, and that's 3 lbs. smaller than Dylan was at the same age.  That's a lot when you're only 28 1/2 inches tall.  The health visitor kept reassuring me that it was nothing to be concerned about.  What she didn't realize is that I'm NOT concerned about it.  Edith is so happy and obviously healthy that I wouldn't care if she hadn't gained ANY weight.  She's getting really tall instead of really wide.  This is a good thing!  Besides, she's still on the slightly bigger side of average and her head circumference is spot on with her weight. 

Dylan was always my husky little man.  Perfectly proportioned but BIG!  My kids lucked out.  Dylan is going to be tall and solidly built.  Edith is going to be tall and willowy.  The genes combined just the way I was hoping they would.  Dylan will have a great build for a boy and Edith will be the envy of all the girls.  Well, that will be the case if they maintain their childhood proportions anyway.

Hooray for marrying a man with long, skinny legs to give my children a fighting chance!


On the baby changing table at the swimming pool.  Check out those legs!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh shes cute!!!! yea i can already tell all my kids are goin to tower over me> allee is 11 and she already to my shoulders...so yeashell just get taller:))