Sunday, November 22, 2009

Hooray!

I feel like a new woman today.

Yesterday was rough.  Edith had a bad night so it was a VERY long day, with Martin at work from 9 am and a lot to do on not much sleep.  We made it through though, and I cleaned the house and prepared awesome Chinese food for dinner.  We even had Christine over since she's not been feeling well lately.  And, the best bit of yesterday, we bought a car.  It's not my first choice, but I'm sure I'll learn to love it.

I've been in a funk ever since the sale on that Seat fell through.  It's funny, because with NO car we were automatically £150 a month better off, but not having one makes me feel poor.  There I sat with loads of cash in my front room, knowing that I didn't have a £50 monthly insurance bill to pay and that I wouldn't have to shell out £80 a month on petrol, and I was all depressed about being broke.  This car is a Nissan Primera, and it's got a much smaller engine so should REALLY help with the fuel consumption.  And it will cost about £18 less per month to insure.  It's a nice car.  I'm trying to get excited about it.

That's not what the "Hooray" was for though.  It's all about that adorable little monster baby of mine.

She's been waking up two or three times a night for the past 6 weeks, feeding for about 5 minutes, then going back to sleep.  We decided to just let her fuss last night, and she slept through.  Well, she fussed for about 15 minutes at 1 this morning.  But she went back to sleep on her own, and then woke up at 5am--15 minutes before Dylan did.  She had a good feed, then went back to sleep.  That was 2 1/2 hours ago.

It feels so good to get a decent night's sleep!

Anyway, I need to get ready for the day.  We are going on a little drive with Christine to pick up our "new" car.  We have to go to Derbyshire.  That could be really fun, since we'll be in the peak district.  It could also be a really long day.  We'll see.  Derbyshire is lovely, and we're going somewhere I've never been.  That's kind of exciting.  I'll bring the camera in case there are any great photo ops.

Happy road tripping...

No comments: