Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Good times...

Having had as much sleep last night as I had in the previous two nights combined, my brain is a lot less fuzzy now.  So I just wanted to share two things about the hospital that I found amusing.

Number one:  the GI Endoscopy unit is on the same floor as the hospital cafeteria.  Poor planning, or sadistic architect?

Number two:  Edith was seen by a consultant named Mr. Aziz, who is Asian.  He looked at her on that first morning and asked if she was always so pale.  The nurses and I all had a giggle and he got teased unmercifully about it.  I informed him that yes, she was always that pale.  I believe my exact words were, "She's a whitey."  Other comments were, "She's got ginger hair.  Of course she's that pale," and "Pale and interesting, Mr. Aziz.  Pale and interesting."

He was quite a good sport about the whole thing!

No comments: