Sunday, May 23, 2010

Perfection...



Steve and Gina tied the knot on Saturday.  The wedding was lovely, as was the bride.  Both of them looked so happy and in love.  What a wonderful day.

Even the weather cooperated!

Our family really enjoyed most of the day.

Seriously, other than the meal after the wedding ceremony the day was perfection.  The food was great--our children were a little less than great.  But we dropped them off at their grandparents' house for the night and went back to the reception/party.  By far my favorite part of the weekend was meeting some of Martin's old friends from school and from the Sutton Beach Mission he attended as a teenager. They are some of the nicest people I've met in a long time, and I hope we see more of them!  We had a great time, then came home at about 10pm, got a chicken kebab, and watched Lost. 

This morning we got to sleep in until 8am, and Martin and I enjoyed some alone time.  We went to pick the kids up at 1pm, and has the most delightful summer afternoon ever.  The kids helped us wash the car.  We had home-made ice lollies.  We played in the back garden.  Edith practiced her walking (she's getting REALLY good at it).  We came home, had a light dinner, and Martin gave the kids their bath.  We tucked them in, then I went to Worlaby and gave two back massages (To pay for my hair color--see above picture.  Pretty, isn't it?). 

Now it's home and snuggles with my wonderful husband.  And I have had the most perfect day ever.  I haven't had this good a day in such a long time.  I even had one of those rare moments when life seemed absolutely perfect, and I haven't had one of those for several years.

Life doesn't get much better than today!

No comments: