Thursday, May 20, 2010

Such a slacker...

It's been nearly a week since my last post, and I really do feel like a slacker.  But,in all honesty, I haven't had anything to blog about.  No kid drama, no trips to the hospital, no fights with my husband, NOTHING!  It's fantastic!

I'm currently just trying to get information about my big sister Angie and her new baby.  All I know so far is that she had him.  I'm going to call my dad in a few minutes--I know he's an early riser so I won't wake him up, even though it's only 6am back home.

It's been a busy day today, and tomorrow is going to be busy as well.  We had stay and play this morning, and a visit from Jen around lunch time.  Martin's grandparents will be here in about 2 hours, and we'll all be having dinner together at Stables.  Then it's bath and bed time, and I'm having my hair highlighted again once they're asleep.  Hooray for being a massage therapist and knowing a hairdresser who likes massages!

My little sister Krystle is getting married on Saturday, and I'm seriously sad that I'll be missing that.  But we have a wedding to go to over here, so at least I feel a tiny bit included.  Steve, the best man at out wedding, is marrying his girlfriend of about 5 years.  I'm looking forward to the wedding, as it will be my first English church wedding.  The kids are invited as well, so it ought to be fun.  We'll all get dressed up and be on our best behavior (hopefully), so maybe we'll even take some family photos.  Martin is taking the day off, so I'm especially looking forward to an extra day spent with him.

The kids are doing well.  Edith is really getting into this whole walking thing now, though it's still a bit of a novelty and she doesn't seem to view walking as a way to get around--more as a way to get praise and extra cuddles.  Dylan is getting SOOOO tall now.  Seriously, I don't even have to hold him up to most public toilets so he can pee in them any more (is it sad that I use this measure to determine how much he's growing?).  He seems to have stopped putting on weight and just started shooting straight up.  He doesn't look like a toddler any more.  He looks like a proper little boy.

Today is one of those days that reminds me why I don't really like English summers.  It isn't too hot, but it's quite warm.  And that makes it sticky!  If you do anything more strenuous than walking slowly, you get all sweaty and this sort of film develops on your skin.  I miss the desert sometimes!  But we are all enjoying the warmer weather.  Especially now that the garden is looking nice.  Both kids really love going out there and climbing on the slide and sand box.  Edith especially--that girl is a climber.  I'm going to have to watch her like a hawk as she gets older.

That's really all there is to say.  I have not other news, and am currently content and so have nothing to rant about.  Things are just nice, slow, lazy and good.  Just like summer ought to be!

1 comment:

Russel and Marcie Sipes said...

Hey Jamie. I hope you don't mind me commenting. I too have been WAITING for info on Angie and baby. Will you post something when you find out. I have been thinking of her and hope all is well.

I read your blog often. Your kids are so adorable. You are a very good mom:) I live in Snowflake, AZ. I don't know why it shows up on your traffic feed as Springerville. Anyways, that's me!! Take care.