Monday, May 10, 2010

Home again...

Boy is it good to be here!  Both kids are sleeping soundly in their own beds, Martin and I are watching all the programs we recorded in the last week to watch together, the house is (reasonably) clean, and I am going to sleep in my own bed tonight instead of a too warm hospital cot with other peoples' children waking me up and nurses coming in every 4 hours to check temperature, heartrate, breathing, and administer IV antibiotics.

Edith is better than good--she's great.  The heavy antibiotics kicked her runny nose and she is just as healthy as can be.  She was really happy to be home tonight.  She enjoyed her home cooked meal and her bath with Dylan.  She REALLY enjoyed snuggling into her own cosy crib for bed, and we're just hoping that she sleeps all night.  I've had to give her night feeds while she's been ill, which I hate doing but felt obligated to do at the hospital so she wouldn't disturb the other people on the ward.

Hopefully things will settle back to normal soon, because this has been a very exciting week and I'd really love to have a nice, boring one!

No comments: