Thursday, May 20, 2010

Information at last!

My newest nephew arrived on Tuesday.  Greyson Gregory was 7 lbs. 6 oz. and 20 inches long.  He has big ol' feet--3 1/4 inches long (incidentally, that's roughly the size of my darling little Edith's feet right now)!  Apparently, he has his daddy's lips and nose, and his mama's beautiful eyes.  This means he will be every bit as gorgeous as his big sisters.  I can hardly wait to see pictures.

It took a while for my mom to get the info to me because there's been drama at home.  Not to worry about the mother of the new baby--she's doing ok though labor was quick and hard and she spent an extra day in the hospital because of it.  When I called my mom to get the details on the baby, she told me some bad news.

My lovely brother-in-law to be's father passed away yesterday.  They are getting married on Saturday.  I know I've never met Blaine, but he is marrying my sister so he must be amazing.  And my heart truly goes out to him right now. 

So, a birth, a death and a marriage all in the same week.  Life is truly strange.  And it moves on, whether we want it to or not. 

Have you ever wanted to stop time?  Or maybe to go back to a time when things were simpler and happier?  Have you ever wanted time to fly by so you could get to something you've been waiting for forever?  I remember reading something in a Stephen King book once.  I know, not the most deep and intellectual of authors to be quoting.  But still...he said that adult emotions were a contradiction--like mashed potatoes with chocolate syrup.

I'm looking at the pictures on my wall, surrounding the words "Family is Everything."  I hope my sister and her fiance can find that delicate balance between mourning for the man they have lost and celebrating the family that they are about to become.  And I hope my other sister can find even more joy in the life that has joined their family this week. 

Most of all, I wish I could be there to celebrate and mourn with them.

3 comments:

Russel and Marcie Sipes said...

THANK-YOU for the info. That is wonderful. I am sooo sorry for your family's loss. That really makes a happy time seems so sad. I am very excited for Krystal and I hope that they can get threw this trial. Take care Jamie:-)

Emma said...

Please pass on our congratulations to Krystal and her new husband. She is such a lovely girl I hope that Blane makes her very very happy.
And now you've had a whole day since both weddings so pictures please asap!!!
love to you all, your long lost friend ;)
Emma
xxx

Greg, Ang & 4 kidlets said...

Thanks Jamie- what a beautiful post:)

I promise to get pictures on FB and the Blog tomorrow:)