Friday, August 27, 2010

All about mom...

All about me, according to my delightful nearly-3-year-old:

1.  What is something mom always says to you?  "It's ok.!"
2. What makes mom happy?  "Stop being naughty."

3. What makes mom sad?  "Not getting what you said.  Say."

4. How does mom make you laugh?  "Play peek-a-boo."

5. What was mom like as a chilld?  "Uhh, peek-a-boo."

6. How old is your mom?  "I don't know.  How old are you?   Are you the age that I am?"

7. How tall is your mom?  "I don't know."

8. What is her favorite thing to do?  "Tell people what to do."

9. What does your mom do when you're not around?  "You get sad."

10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?  "Not get my new cars."

11. What is your mom really good at?  "Telling people what to do."

12. What is your mom not very good at?  "I don't know."

13. What does your mom do for her job?  "Tell people what to do."

14. What is your mom's favorite food?  "I don't know."

15. What makes you proud of your mom?  "Not telling me what to do.  Otherwise I can't play."

16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?  "Can you help me guess?"

17. What do you and your mom do together?  "Say Cheese!"

18. How are you and your mom the same?  "I don't think we're the same old."

19. How are you and your mom different?  "I don't think we're different"

20. How do you know your mom loves you?  "I think I don't love you.  Only dad."
 
I saw this on my sister Angie's BLOG when Dylan was just over a year old, and could hardly wait to ask him the same questions.  Now I pretty much wish I'd waited another year or so.  There's a whole lot of "I don't know."  Although, to be fair, he was watching cartoons when I asked the questions.
 
Last night made me think about it, because while I was cleaning up from dinner he put my shoes on and wandered around the garden "pretending to be the mom."  He seems pretty clear that being a mom only involves telling people what to do. 
 
That said, it could have been worse!  Other than the whole not loving me thing.  That was pretty harsh.  But even that was ok, because it means that he is identifying himself as male and bonding with his father.  It's a good sign.  But it would be nice if he hadn't said it all the same.

1 comment:

Emma said...

This is soooo funny I'm going to try this, though I may be asking for trouble. Dylan loves you very much, kids are just weird sometimes!
xxx