Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Live traffic feed...

I'm intrigued!

You may have noticed, dear blog readers, that I've put a "live traffic feed" gadget on the blog. I was just curious, and now I'm even more mystified!

Who is reading my blog in Wichita?
Chesterfield?
New Jersey?
Solihull?
San Francisco?

I read random blogs--there's no shame. I just wish you guys would reveal yourselves because I really am dying to know.

And I have a lot more UK readers than I thought.

Our busy week is going well, but Martin and I are both already exhausted. Martin got loads done on the top floor window last night, and I got all of our paperwork sorted out and a bunch of stuff ready to shred. It feels like I've tackled a major hurdle with that one. We would have gotten more done, but Edith had a tough night. Of course, in Edith talk that simply meant we had a hard time getting her to bed. She slept fairly well. But Martin and I went to bed late so we could get more done, Edith woke up at 5 am, and then Dylan woke up at 6. It never fails--they always have bad nights when we have a late one!

We bought some paint yesterday and the downstairs is going to get freshened up tonight (I think). We also bought a cast iron fireplace surround and gas fire for our dining room. It's second hand, and we got a real bargain on it! It's going to replace that horribly tacky gas heater we have in there right now. AND we got some old wooden sash windows so Martin can make me a cold frame out in the garden. I'm going to use part of the window as a picture frame for the living room.

So much going on at the minute! Today is a busy one, with painting and gardening to do, and baby massage with Edith at 1:30pm and WI at 7:30. Tomorrow morning brings a hospital appointment and the afternoon and evening will be devoted to even MORE housework. It's bathroom day tomorrow, but bathrooms will be skipped so I can do a little bit of painting or tidying of the rooms that will be photographed on Friday.

I'm getting even more tired just thinking about the rest of the week! But this is one more step toward moving home!

Oh, and I found $140 last night while I was sorting through paperwork. That'll pay for most of the tile downstairs. It was a great night!

5 comments:

MontyFam said...

Hi Jamie! I'm the one from Wichita! My name is Melissa and I'm married to Amber Lanes brother Aaron. I left a comment on a post a long time ago, but I don't think it went through. Sorry I didn't reveal myself sooner. I have really enjoyed reading about your experiences. I was preg at the same time as you with twins after 7 long years of trying. We ended up going to a fert. Dr. and now we have 2 wonderful 2 year old boys. We got a big surprise when the boys were just 9 months old. Found out I was pregnant!!! I wasn't broken after all! Our little girl was born last Aug. They are a little closer in age than we would have liked, but what a blessing and we wouldn't change a thing! I hope you don't mind I've kept up with your blog. I feel that I have so much in common with you. It was very helpful to me to know someone else out there has the same feelings and frustrations that I have had. I haven't started the whole blog thing, but keep saying that I will when I have time. So who knows when that will happen! If Amber has your e-mail address I could have her send you mine if you would like to communicate : )
Melissa Montgomery

Emma said...

Hey Jamie, you know sometimes it says I am from Wakefield and sometimes from Leeds, random huh?
See you later, can't wait to paint the town red...at WI!!!
Emma
xx

Jamie said...

Welcome, Melissa--Nice to know who my Wichita reader is!

Unknown said...

when you move back you can come to my house and find money anytime

Annie Nielson said...

Not sure if you remember me or not--I have older siblings that you might know. They are Emilee and Charlie Mangelson. Anyway, I found your blog through Ben Joe Marklands awhile ago and I read your blog now. It's always fun and interesting to read about your experiences abroad and your motherhood experiences. I had my first boy in March '08 and we're expecting #2 in July so they'll be 16 months apart--not planned that way at all.

I hope you don't mind that I read--I'm your Spanish Fork ,UT reader :)