Monday, June 15, 2009

Things that have been on my mind...

I love drying my clothes on the line outside instead of in the tumble dryer. So eco-friendly and nothing beats whites dried on the line. Unfortunately, over here it means you have to wait for good drying weather. And absolutely everything has to be ironed. But I really enjoy ironing the kids' clothes. I adore tiny little t-shirts and trousers. I especially like ironing Edith's dresses!

Getting two kids out of the house is way more than twice as hard as getting one ready and out! I was thinking about how I used to just stay at home with Dylan because of what a hassle it would be to take him out. WHY??? Now if I can go somewhere with just Edith it is a special treat! Then again, getting ready and going somewhere with a baby is a LOT harder than just going on your own. It's all relative!

Dylan's head is nearly adult sized now. This is especially obvious to me when we are snuggling (which he is really getting in to again)and his head is right next to mine!

Martin shaved his goatee today, and he looks 5 years younger and really cute.

Edith went swimming for the first time today, and she loved it! She also fell asleep at around 7:45 tonight, so I will definitely take the kids swimming whenever possible.

I made meringues tonight and we are going to pick strawberries tomorrow. It'll be Dylan's second time (remember the pictures and video last year). He calls them cherries, and should have lots of fun eating them straight away. We will be having one of Martin's favorite desserts, Eton mess, for dessert tomorrow. Strawberries, fresh whipped cream, and meringue all bashed together and lovely.

I'm thinking of getting my hair cut short again since it has started falling out from the pregnancy and is looking a little ragged. Any opinions about my hair? Is it better short or long?

Anyway, I need to get a bath now.

1 comment:

V said...

I really love your hair when is long and all naturaly curly. Pregnancy does take alot out of your hair though, not a fun part of the whole experience.