Monday, December 14, 2009

All clear...

We haven't had any live bugs in our hair for several days now, and Dylan and I had our hair cut today.  We are officially lice free!  Of course, I am one of the most obsessive people I know about the cleanliness of my hair, so I will probably continue to use the nit comb for a few days at least.  But I feel less dirty now.  What a relief!

We're doing well.  Edith is doing especially well!  She sat up on her own for the first time yesterday.  If she is laying on her back, she rolls on to her tummy, pushes herself into a crawling position, and then pushes herself back to sit up.  It's quite impressive.  And she is SO close to crawling that it's almost painful to watch.  Especially when she topples forward and hits her chin or her forehead on the carpet.  OUCH!

We are still working on Christmas presents, but are in the middle of our fishing set for Dylan and really enjoying it.  The fish are turning out pretty adorable.  I'll get a picture posted as soon as they're finished so everyone can admire our handiwork.  It's kind of funny.  Last night I was hand stitching polka dots onto one side of the octopus and I realized how ludicrous it is that I am hand sewing and finishing a gift for a 2 year old.  He wouldn't care if it was glued on.  But it wouldn't last as long, and I want him to have something fun and durable.  So we will continue to hand stitch and make these gifts as nice as possible.  For the child who will never in a million years appreciate all the effort we've gone to!

Anyway, lots to get done before the Mundays come over at 4.  Martin got a bunch of bonus curry from Rapi last night and they are coming over to share in the bounty.  Hooray!

No comments: