Monday, December 07, 2009

The walk of shame...

Probably the first walk of many, too. My poor baby Dylan has head lice, and he's generously decided to share them with me.

I bought my first ever bottle of head lice treatment and a nit comb. Edith doesn't have enough hair yet for it to be a worry. I'll have to check Martin when he gets home, but I think it's just me and Dylan. So we'll be doing some major social grooming at my house this afternoon.

I KNOW that it's not a matter of hygiene. I know that lice prefer clean hair. I know that most children get them at some point. I know I don't need to be embarrassed about the whole situation. But I still am! My child is covered in bugs. GROSS!

I remember having lice in the first grade. Everybody in the school was checked, and they pulled me out of class, called my parents, and sent me home until they were gone. I thought it was good fun. Except for the stinky shampoo, of course. My mother was probably mortified!

So now I know how you felt, mom.

3 comments:

Greg, Ang & 4 kidlets said...

This made me laugh because I remember that Mom was SO mortified- she got mad at me when I told the neighbors:)

Unknown said...

Haha! That's funny that Mom got mad at Ang for telling. :)

MontyFam said...

So sorry to hear about the lice. I remember when one of my younger sibs came home with lice and I got it too. I was a teenager and mortified!!! You know how things are when you're a teenager. It would have been the end of the world had anyone found out! BTW - love the pic of your little cuties at the top of your blog! Don't you just love catching those moments in a photo!
Melissa