Thursday, December 03, 2009

Have a nice "trip," See you next "fall..."

I shouldn't be so flippant about this, but it's all good so I can make a joke about it now.

Dylan took a tumble down our stairs yesterday morning.  When he woke up at 5:20am he got up to come in to our bedroom.  He must have slipped, because he ended up at the bottom of the stairs screaming bloody murder.  SCARY!

We got him calmed down, checked for bleeding and broken bones, etc.  Then Martin made sure he could walk ok.  It only took about 5 minutes.  I swear, kids are made of rubber.  We didn't even feel like we needed to take him to the hospital.  I think he went down the stairs like a slide, since he has a goose egg on the back of his head and a huge bruise that follows the shape of his ribs exactly.  Poor kid.  But he's just as hyper and happy as ever, so we're not concerned.

We DID keep his bedroom door closed last night though. 

Those stairs of mine are a real health hazard sometimes.  I remain the only person in the house who hasn't fallen down them.  Well, Edith hasn't either but she can't even crawl yet, let alone walk.  That stair gate is going to have to start staying closed all the time again real soon!

On a positive note, we did get our first proper night's sleep all week last night.  Both kids were sound asleep by about 7:30 (though it took Edith ages and I had to feed her extra) and Edith woke at 4am for a feed.  Dylan slept until nearly 6am.  Bliss!  Martin and Dylan are healthy again, I am on the mend, and I think Edith is past the worst of the cold now. I think it helped that Martin was there for bedtime.  He's missed it 3 nights in a row because of his Indian food delivery job--they've been really busy!  But the more deliveries he does the more money he makes.  Besides, he brought home a really delicious lamb curry for FREE the other night.

We are going to try to get a Christmas tree today.  I wanted one on Monday, but I want to get one from a tree farm where we can pick our own and have it cut down on the spot and the ones I know about weren't open for business yet.  I miss going up in the mountains and cutting our own down, and that's the next best thing.  Maybe I'll cave and we'll just get one from Mickey B's instead.  So hopefully I will have some adorable pictures to post tonight.

No comments: