Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Not for the faint-hearted...

We are potty training Edith, and it is a dirty job!

It's also a huge leap of faith, and a big deal for anyone who has a weak stomach or values their carpet.

Think about it--you are taking the diaper off a very young child and trusting that they'll have the bladder control necessary to NOT wet or soil your carpet.  You're counting on someone who just BARELY learned to speak to tell you when they need to pee.  And you are preparing to scrub your floors with heavy-duty disinfectant!

Edith had her first pooping accident yesterday.  Thankfully, Martin was at home to help me deal with it.  He cleaned up the solid waste and our daughter.  I got to spray down the rug.  Martin scrubbed the carpet.  NASTY!

And, sadly, three things crossed my mind when I saw the not-so-little present Edith had left for us.  The first thing was, Oh.  $h*% (literally).  The second was, how did she ever get THAT out of her tiny bottom.  The third was, maybe I should stop giving her so much fruit for the next month.

Life gets very weird when you have children. 

Sometimes I really miss having cats.