Saturday, August 06, 2011

What we've done this week:

Monday:  Lunch at Pizza Hut, trip to the cinema to see Cars 2 (Dad came with us, it was nice)

Tuesday:  Kids went to Dads' Group and we picked plums & blackberries at Water's Edge.

Wednesday:  Picnic and play at Normanby Hall.

Thursday:  Nerf gun war at Playtowers in Cleethorpes (Lewis's party).

Friday:  Baked cookies with Noelle.  Butterfly and bear ones with pink, purple, yellow and turquoise blue icing!

Saturday:  Nothing, and it was really nice!

I'm going to be happy to have Dylan back at school just so I don't have to be the activities co-ordinator any more.  I need some good ideas!

Next week (please help me fill in the blanks):

Monday:  Either Sutton or Cleethorpes beach or Doncaster Dome (weather dependent).

Tuesday:  Iceskating for Dylan and swimming for Edith in Sheffield.

Wednesday:

Thursday:  A ramble throughTwigmoore woods.

Friday:  Feeding the animals and playing on the playground at the Pink Pig Farm.

Saturday:

I don't know how my U.S. family do it, with three months of summer.  I'm struggling to fill 6 weeks!  Of course, we could always stay home.  But I feel so guilty if I don't take the kids somewhere to do something fun--like I'm wasting Dylan's summer holiday.  Plus, Dylan starts to go a little bit stir-crazy and then he picks on his sister.

I really need a bigger back garden.

Having said that, I'm still enjoying having the time with my son.  Just 4 more weeks until he is at school all day long.  My baby, gone for 6 1/2 hours a day.  It's gonna be weird with just me and Edith rattling around in this big old house.  Weird, but nice.

Now, some more pictures of our summer fun:

Doing a bit of baking at Eureka!

We got to see how a toilet works!

Craft time.

In a giant honeycomb--couple of busy bees!

1 comment:

Greg, Ang & 4 kidlets said...

With 3 months of summer we get to go out and play AND stay home sometimes and not feel guilty about it:) The best of both worlds! We only have two weeks left and the summer has flown as always! Hope the rest of yours is fun!