Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Overkill

I know, I know.  I've already posted today.  But this is much more exciting than potty training my 2 year old. 

We seem to have acquired a cat.

It showed up this morning and was really affectionate with the kids.  He looked really hungry and he wasn't wearing a collar, so we decided to feed him some lunchmeat from the fridge.  I wanted to call him Schroedinger, but Dylan decided he looks more like a Patches.

He came back at lunch time for some more food and a few cuddles. 

He also came back at dinner time for some more of the same.

So after we finished our dinner, the kids and I went to Lidl and bought some cat food.

Just now, when I put the kids to bed, Patches wandered into their bedroom and said a quick goodnight. 

I am so torn.  I'd love the kids to have a pet, and I have always preferred cats to dogs.  But our stay here isn't permanent, and I don't want them to get attached.  Plus, I don't want an inside pet (purely for allergy reasons).  But the kids both LOVE him, and they are having such a good time playing with him and watching him.  And Patches is a really good-natured and affectionate cat--very good with the kids.

It was nice to have someone to talk to once the kids were in bed, too.