Friday, August 12, 2011

Stupid lungs...

I'm recovering now from a nearly 4 week long bout with cold, asthma, and, as diagnosed on Tuesday, bronchitis.  Thank heaven for antibiotics!

Generally speaking, I am a very healthy person.  Carrying a few extra pounds, yes, but quite healthy.  It's always my lungs that let me down.  If I get any sort of illness that involves my respiratory system, my asthma flares up.  Then my immune system becomes weak, and before you can say "bunch of munchy crunchy carrots," I have a chest infection of some kind. 

I mean, seriously, 4 weeks of illness because of a stupid summer cold?

Martin has been great, though.  Yesterday he took the morning off.  He couldn't take care of me, but he did the next best thing.  He took the kids out to the Deep so the only person I had to take care of was me. 

The kids have been little troopers.  They've been patient and well behaved--especially Dylan.  He is so understanding when I'm ill, and he steps up his game to help me.  Obviously, he has his slip-ups (he's a bit of a nightmare right before bed), but that's only when he's tired.

Tonight when I put the kids to bed, I had one of those moments.  You know the ones--when you love your children so much that it feels like your heart can't be contained in your chest any more.  There is so much love that you are going to explode with it.  And you let it spill out in hugs, kisses, and a few choked back tears.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I just love your little Edith's red hair. Love it! She's darling. :)