Thursday, August 16, 2007

Like a broken record...

I am STILL pregnant! Only 3 days until my due date, and man am I ever feeling it. I'm really tired, and getting anxious to have the whole labour thing over and done with, but other than that, things are fine. I feel great--healthy and all, I just get tired really quickly.

My maternity leave has officially started, and I can't even begin to express how nice it is to not have to get up and go to work every morning. I have got a lot of stuff done this week (though not as much as I need to), and the 2 hour nap I took today was BLISS!

The most exciting stuff that's been going on is the work on our house though--forget the pregnancy! Our living room is practically livable now. We had plasterers in on Tuesday and Wednesday and are having a joiner come in tomorrow to fit the skirting board and trim around the doorways. Our home teacher, Nathan Whall, set it all up. His family own a local building company, and he was really concerned about the state of our front room with this baby on the way. He is a saint! Our walls are plastered and smooth and beautiful. We have a ceiling! And some members in the Elder's Quorum are coming to help paint on Saturday. We actually bought paint for the living room--I thought we'd never get to this point. We are so blessed!

I took a few pictures while Dave and Steve were plastering, and I'll post them when I get a chance. Right now I need to go downstairs and help Martin prime the skirting board so it's ready for the joiner in the morning. He wants to get it done before it goes up since it will be much easier that way.

Pictures are coming. My living room is the most glorious thing I have ever seen.

Oh yeah, and I have started having contractions. They were pretty strong last night and coming around every 20-45 minutes, but they stopped while I was sleeping and I've only had a few today. But, for all the folks who crave the dirty details, I've also had a "show" (at least I think I have, and the midwife said that's what it sounds like to her) so expect to have the baby quite close to my due date, if not a little bit before. But now that I'm not working, I'm content to get cat naps during the day when I need them and tuck in for the long haul. They will induce me on the 29th if I haven't had the baby by then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the baby pictures!