Monday, August 06, 2007

STILL Pregnant...

Yes, I was 38 weeks yesterday, and I am still pregnant. The baby doesn't seem to be growing too much any more, but he/she has dropped a LOT in the past few days. I totally have that characteristic pregnant lady waddle now, and with each passing day I get more and more tired.

I miss being able to sleep comfortably. Even when I don't have to get up more than once in the night to pee, I still don't get good sleep. The pelvic pain that I started experiencing about a month ago has only gotten worse, and where I used to be able to sleep about 3 hours at a time, I am now waking up every 45 minutes to 1 hour. I'm so tired!

On a positive note, this is my last week at work. AND I will have a short day on Thursday since I have a midwife appointment. I only have to get up and come to work 4 more times! I am so proud of myself for sticking it out this long.

Martin took some new belly pics of me last night. I'll try to get them posted tonight or tomorrow. Seriously, I don't look much bigger, but the baby is gathered into a much smaller space. I caved over the weekend and bought two new tops so that I'd have something to wear for the last two weeks of my pregnancy. But they should be OK for after the baby is born as well--they'll just fit me very differently!

It was a good weekend, though, all things considered. On Friday I went over to Deanna's house and had dinner with her and the girls. Then we just sat around talking for ages. Martin got home from work before I got home. And then we went swimming on Saturday morning. It was Deanna's daughter Evie's first time EVER swimming (she's 5) and she was so amazing--absolutely fearless. I can't believe how brave little children are. We all had a good time--especially me. Going out in a swimming suit was a little bit embarrassing, but it felt so great to be nearly weightless after carrying around this big ol' baby for so long. My hips and pelvis didn't hurt after about 1/2 hour in the water. And the water was nice and cool, which was great since it was HOT this weekend.

It seems that summer is finally putting in an appearance in England. It got up to around 85 yesterday, which is QUITE warm for England. It feels hotter than that because of the humidity. It's always funny when the sun comes out, because you have all the little chavs running around with their shirts off getting horrific sunburns.

We got a whole bunch of the rubble and rubbish in our front room hauled to the tip over the weekend as well. I say we, but it was all Martin. I carried a few bags up to the skips, but that was pretty much it. At any rate, it got done and the front room looks that much better for it.

We went to the Munday's house last night. Martin and Lewis played cribbage (just like two old men) and Emma and Rachel and I just chatted. It was great to see them--it felt like we hadn't seen them in ages.

So yeah, all in all it was a good weekend. The only way it could have been any better is if I'd had a baby. I'm still hoping I go early, but nothing's happening so far. I'll keep you all posted!

No comments: