Tuesday, August 21, 2007

YES, I AM STILL PREGNANT! NOW STOP CALLING ME TO ASK!!!

Ok, now that's out of the way I can get on with the rest of this post.

Sorry about the rant--I am just so tired of people calling me to ask if I've had the baby yet. You all would have heard by now if I had. This is people in England mostly, but people back home as well. Think about how quickly everyone found out I was pregnant once Martin and I told mom and dad they could spread the word!

I had my 40 week midwife appointment yesterday, and it was just the same as all the rest of them. Except I walked over because I hadn't come straight from work. It was Rose again, and I've decided that she's a much nicer person if you don't bring your husband along for the appointment. She was lovely and sympathetic and helpful. And I found out some good news. They are going to be coming to my house for my next appointment (if I don't have the baby first) to do a membrane sweep. I was worried that I would have to wait since it's a bank holiday on Monday, but they are still working and are actually going to see me on Sunday. The only bad thing is that they could come any time between 9 am and 5 pm. At any rate, if that doesn't work then I will go into the hospital on Wednesday to be induced.

On a happy note, I was actually able to get comfortable in bed today and so I got a little extra sleep. Wow, what a difference that has made! I stayed in bed until 10 am, and I actually got around 6 hours of sleep--heaven! Of course, I'm still exhausted and don't really feel like doing anything, but that sleep was still amazing.

Martin is getting anxious for me to have the baby, too. Every day he says "I wish you'd have the baby. I don't want to go to work today." Maybe not the best motive, but I guess I should just be happy that he's into it. He really doesn't ever show any emotions, so if he actually expresses something, you know he's REALLY emotional or passionate about it.

I have belly pictures and also pics of the painted front room, but my USB cable for the camera is upstairs and I honestly can't be bothered to go up and get it. Next time I'm up there anyway (let's face it--probably to take a nap) I will bring it down with me. If I get really bored this afternoon I will pop a few pictures on the blog. Otherwise, you'll probably see them tomorrow.

Well, I'm off to do some laundry and drink some pineapple juice (that's supposed to help?). Wish me a few labor vibes!!!

1 comment:

Celeste said...

I know exactly what you mean by
"STOP CALLING!". I think that when I was overdue with Frances it was the first time I've ever really screened by calls! Good luck with everything! I'm anxiously awaiting the good news!

Celeste