Friday, July 03, 2009

Days don't get much better than this one!

The morning was good. We had an invitation to go over to my friend Charlotte's house to visit with Beth and baby Tim, so the kids and I got all ready to go. Minor setback when Edith threw up all over herself and me just minutes before we walked out the door, but a quick change soon sorted that out.

We had a great time playing at Charlotte's house, though Dylan pulled his usual trick of knocking Beth over and taking her toys. But he's getting better all the time and is starting to realize, I hope, that it's not a good thing to do.

We came home, had lunch, and then we all settled down for a nap. I slept for about 30 minutes, Edith slept for about an hour, and Dylan took 2 (the little hedonist). Dylan woke up just as Martin got home from work, and he woke up in a good mood!

Martin sent his resume to another company, then called a dentist in Hessle (just across the bridge in Yorkshire) because we'd been told they were accepting NHS patients. We've been on a waiting list for over a year now. We got right in, to our surprise. We've all got a dentist appointment on July 15, and because of our current financial situation we get 100% free dental. The kids would anyway, and so would I because everything is free for the first year after a pregnancy, but Martin is free right now as well.

After that, we went and picked strawberries again. Only this time, the raspberries, red currants, and black currants were ripe as well. We picked a load of fruit, Dylan ate his own body weight in raspberries and strawberries whilst we were picking it, and it only cost us around £7 for totally fresh and 100% organic locally grown fruit. And did I mention that Dylan had a great time?

Then it was home, cooking dinner, eating dinner, baths, and bedtime. Edith went down for the night really well, and now I am in the middle of making a cheesecake for Martin's birthday / 4th of July BBQ tomorrow.

Probably the best part of the day though was the phone call that I got from the estate agent handling the sale of our house. We've got somebody coming to view it tomorrow at 2:30pm.

It was weird when I got the call. All of a sudden it is so real that we are going to be moving home soon. I've been looking forward to moving back ever since Dylan was born, but when I scheduled that viewing I got all sad and scared and overwhelmed. I'm not sure I'm ready for the upheaval of moving to another country again. I'm not sure I'm ready to leave this house. It's just getting nice, and we're just getting all settled in. We are comfortable and everything is familiar.

But I am sure I want to be closer to my family.

Tell you what--why doesn't everyone just move over here. I'm sure you'll like it!

1 comment:

ShaNeil Cook Coons said...

You'll have to let us know how it goes tomorrow when they come to look at the house! :) That's exciting news...but I can see why it makes you nervous too! I love you!