Thursday, July 09, 2009

A first...

Today we took both kids to an afternoon showing of "Ice Age III." It was our first time taking both of them to the cinema, and Dylan's first trip since he started crawling. We were unsure how it would go, but it turned out to be really fun. Edith was easy, of course. I just sat and held her, and fed her when she started getting fussy. Dylan sat next to Martin and ate popcorn, completely entranced for about and hour and 15 minutes of the 1 1/2 hour movie. He got a little bit bored and restless at the very end, but he was a champion. He even kept his 3D glasses on for a little while!

When he was a baby he was easy to take places, and then he went through an awkward phase when he was an absolute nightmare to take anywhere. Luckily, it coincided with my third trimester of pregnancy and the early weeks with Edith. Now, as he gets a bit older, he seems to have settled down a bit. He's getting fun to take out again.

I really do love my babies. I've had a rough couple of days where I've been seriously hating staying at home. I've felt a lot like the hired help, just following Martin and Dylan around and picking up after them. My days have been a succession of dirty diapers, cooking, and cleaning. But tonight, when I put Edith down for the night, I watched her curl her toes around the bar of her cradle. My heart melted a little bit.

Hopefully I am snapping out of this funk I've been in.

No comments: