Thursday, July 02, 2009

Not my baby any more...

Dylan seems to have decided overnight that he is no longer a baby. I thought I'd be upset when this day came, but instead I find it delightful!

Jen and I took my babies swimming this morning, and Dylan swam on his own for the first time. Of course he had his life jacket on, but he did it on his own. He swam half the length of the pool!

He's been talking up a storm today--stringing sentences together and having actual conversations with me.

We went shopping for Martin's birthday presents today and stopped for a cup of mint tea. Dylan sat on the sofa in the coffee shop and drank his juice. He had his granola bar and sat like an angel while I fed Edith.

In my mind I know that he has been building up to this for a REALLY long time, but it seemed so sudden today. And while I'm sad that he's not a helpless little baby, I know that he needs to grow up. And I'm happy that he's doing it so well!

No comments: