Saturday, July 25, 2009

My amazing boys...

Last night, after getting both of our kids put down for bed, Martin walked in to the living room and said the sexiest thing in the whole world...

"I remembered this trick from 'Super Nanny'..."

Dylan seems to have gotten over the worst of the teething pain and isn't nearly as difficult to deal with. He's still throwing paddies, but hasn't had any childrens' ibuprofen for over 24 hours now and is still bearable. And he's been sleeping SLIGHTLY later. Today he was up at 5:50 and Martin and I slept in shifts so we could each get a bit of extra shut eye.

One thing that seems to be helping his behavior and moods is the decrease in television watching. I decided that if he wasn't going to behave well and sleep a decent amount, he wasn't going to get to watch cartoons. This started as a punishment for him not napping any more, which was totally mean of me but had such great results that I hardly feel bad about it at all. He still asks for "Icky Ouse," but he is playing with his toys, asking to go outside and for walks, and just generally behaving better.

Dylan is also developing an insatiable curiosity about what Martin and I are doing--especially in the kitchen. The phrase we hear most often is "see please." It drives me crazy, but I'm glad he's interested all the same.

For all that, Edith is still the good one!

No comments: