Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Hooray for the NHS, again!

Because we are currenly "low income" (well, pretty much in poverty to be honest), we qualify for free dental care from the NHS. The dentists are pretty hard to get and we had been on a waiting list for about a year. We finally got registered, and we went today.

True, they aren't doing a "de-scale and polish" on us. Apparently, we don't really need it. But I have a tooth that's chipped just below a filling and am getting it fixed for free. F - R - E - E - free!!! Well, I have to pay the bridge toll since the dentist is across the Humber in Hessle, but £5.40 is a small price to pay for having good teeth.

Dylan was pretty good at the dentist. He was OK with opening his mouth for the dentist to look inside, but he wouldn't let him put that little mirror thing in his mouth. He got a giant Spiderman sticker for being so good though. I just don't want him to have a bad dental experience and end up afraid of going to the dentist for the rest of his life.

Even Edith was seen, though she doesn't have any teeth yet. The dentist confirmed my suspicion that she is about to get a few teeth. I signed her up because I didn't know when the next opportunity to get her in would be.

I don't know how we'll manage when we move back to the U.S. and have to pay for all of this. But I'm still excited to go!

No comments: