Sunday, July 19, 2009

More sleepless nights...

Today finds me up at the crack of dawn once more. Edith and Martin are sleeping peacefully upstairs and Dylan and I are watching cartoons. He's been up since 5 am. I don't know how he can function on the amount of sleep he's been getting. He cried himself to sleep on his bedroom floor yesterday and got about a half hour of sleep. Then I took him to the Ulceby church fete and the Mundays' house and he ran around like a madman for 4 hours. He got to bed late and his sleep was disturbed when we came home. And he STILL woke up early. What else can I do?

I honestly think that I'm going to have to start going to bed at 9 pm. How lame is that?

I have a sneaking suspicion that it's going to be a very long day. Sundays are really rubbish for me anyway, with the 4 1/2 hour ordeal of church (it takes us 30 minutes to get there and get home, plus chatter time after the meetings) and all of the rest of stuff that's involved in getting us there and home. Sunday throws off nap schedules, and if it's a home game it also involves the mess of keeping the kids entertained at a baseball game.

Today we will be leaving church early because Martin is going to work. He's put in a long week this week!

I've had quite a few days this week when I wanted to pack this whole motherhood/housewife thing in, ship the kids off to daycare, get a job, and not bother with cooking and cleaning and wiping dirty bottoms all day long. Honestly, most of the time I love being a wife and mother now. But the nights have been too short and the days have been so long. I've had no time to myself, and I really NEED that time. I am tired.

In other news, I've found the house that I want when we move home. It's in Heber, so is close to Park City but not as expensive as buying a house there. It's in our price range, and is one of the older homes. The inside is beautiful, though it is classed as a "fixer." It needs a little bit of work, but nothing like what we've had to do here. The outside needs a coat of paint and some serious landscaping. But it's a quirky house with 4 bedrooms and fun little historical features. Downsides include the fact that there is no garage and it's on a busy street, but it is on a corner lot and has a chain link fence all around it so it is safe for kids even if the fence is ugly.

Finding this house has really spurred me on in my desire to get this house sold. When I got the pictures that I requested from the realtor I immediately got all fired up to get the finishing touches jobs done here. I spent that evening scraping more wallpaper, and I will do the same again tonight.

You know when you see a house and you can just picture yourself living there? That's how I feel about this one!

I'm going to take this early morning opportunity to get some work done on my church calling. I hesitate to do it because my brain is really fuzzy this time of day, but I might as well be productive. I'm going to be awake for a lot of hours today and might as well get a lot done during them. On the bright side, I don't have a baby latched on to me feeding right now so at least both of my hands are free!

No comments: