Thursday, July 30, 2009

Martin makes me laugh...

Martin didn't know that you could "snap" a Snapdragon until about 4 weeks ago. He was amazed when I showed him what happens when you squeeze the "cheeks" of the flower and he plays with them every time he seems some now.

He flails his arms around like a maniac when he starts to run.

He bought Super Mario Galaxy for the Wii with some of his birthday money, even though we don't own a Wii. The game is living at the Mundays' house because they DO have a Wii, and he will play it when we go over there to visit.

I love my husband.

Dylan update:

He has had a nap in the afternoon for the last 2 days, and it is making a huge difference--day AND night. He is still waking up early, but he's not waking up in the middle of the night. I have to spend about an hour during the day to try to get him in to bed, and sometimes it hardly seems worth it. But having my happy boy back instead of a whining and clinging little monster makes that hour seem like nothing!

I think he is just going through a phase where he's terrified that we're going to leave him. He kind of panics at night as well, which he hasn't done for nearly 18 months now. He hates to have his bedroom door shut and we kind of have to hover near the door until he falls asleep. It's a pain, and I'm hoping he stops needing that soon.

Edith is good, of course. She started having baby rice a few days ago, and absolutely loves the stuff. Dylan wouldn't have it, but Edith can't get enough! She is sleeping more during the day now that she's having it, though it hasn't translated to night time sleeping yet. She also sat up on her own for about 30 seconds on Manday. I am looking forward to her sitting up, but sitting means that she'll be crawling soon, and then she won't be my tiny little baby any more. That really makes me sad. This is going way too fast!

I've decided that my recent mood has more to do with my post-pregnancy hormone crash than anything else. After all, my hair has started falling out. That's a pretty good indication that the hormone levels are changing pretty dramatically. So I just need to ride this out and try to stay happy. I'll give it a few weeks to sort itself out, and if I can't shake it then I will go see my doctor. I promised myself that I would not let myself suffer from depression this time because I don't want to be unhappy with my beautiful Edith.

I should have some good pictures to post after the weekend. Martin is playing in the People of Barton vs. Barton Police football match. He's playing for the police though, since they were short of players. He's looking forward to it, and if the weather's nice we will be having a picnic in the park and then going to the Maize Maze at Thornton Abbey with Christine. England is so beautiful this time of year!

3 comments:

MontyFam said...

My little William went through a weird phase just like that around the time he turned 2. We put a nightlight in there and one of us would have to sit in the room until he fell asleep or he would just scream. It was so hard, but luckily it didn't last too long. I've heard that's normal about that age. Hope it all gets better soon : )
Melissa

V said...

Its just a phase, this to shall pass. Love ya Jame. Hugs and Kisses.

Jamie said...

I'm glad somebody else's kid did the same thing. Thanks for letting me know Melissa. It's always good to hear that puzzling behavior is "normal!"