Monday, July 27, 2009

Just thinking...

I've had a tough two weeks. Dylan isn't sleeping well, Edith is still waking up for night feeds and is going through a growth spurt so I am feeding her a lot during the day as well. The house seems impossible to keep clean and if I'm not wiping dirty bottoms I'm attempting to keep the house tidy. I feel overworked and VASTLY underpaid and underappreciated. I have honestly wanted out of this whole housewife gig. But I was thinking yesterday...

Yes, I always have my hands full. My hands are full of cleaning supplies, wipes, diapers, dirty laundry, pots and pans. But because my hands are full, my arms are full as well. And my arms are full because I have my beautiful family to hold.

Does this make my day-to-day life any easier? Not really. I still have all those jobs to do. I still have an increasingly difficult toddler and a hungry and demanding baby (who has started biting and STILL won't take a bottle). But I will try to remember why I am doing all these things. I am doing them because I love my husband and my chiildren, and I want them to be happy. And the key to my own happiness is not getting what I want, but wanting what I've got.

So here's hoping that this week is an improvement!

No comments: