Friday, April 23, 2010

How did I know?

How did I know that Jen and I would be BFF?  Well, it was because one day when we went shopping in Grimsby she bought me some fake hair.  I knew at that moment that we would be friends for life.

I haven't seen Jen in ages, and she came over yesterday and spent the afternoon with me and the kids.  We just chilled out, had drinks together, took the kids to the park, and then had nibbles at Stables (I love it when Martin waits on me).  It was totally relaxed and informal and a lot of fun, and I wish we could do it more often.  Unfortunately, she is one of the busiest people I know.  I had to book our afternoon of just hanging out and relaxing together a full week in advance!

Busy morning, so I need to get to it.  I just wanted to say that Jen is amazing.  So are all my friends, new and old.  I am not too selective when it comes to casual friends, but when it comes to my best mates, I am one of the pickiest people I know.  So if I count you as a real friend, you must be pretty amazing.

1 comment:

Adriane said...

Hoping I'm counted as a real friend even though it's from way back in High School! Glad you are doing so well.