Friday, April 16, 2010

Life is a miracle...

I don't understand why I'm so amazed every time I plant a seed and it sprouts. 

None of my vegetable seeds have sprouted yet, but I have a tiny little nasturtium plant that's poked it's little head up in the hanging basket.  I felt this tiny little thrill when I saw it.

So silly--you plant a seed, give it water and sunshine, and it grows.  But it still feels like a miracle every time it happens.

My babies were so good today.  We had fun and didn't watch hardly any television.  We had Amy over for dinner, and Dylan and Edith were adorable at the dinner table and ate all their food.  We played out in the garden afterwards, and planted some peas.  Seriously, amazing day.  And when I tucked the kids in to bed this evening, I was reminded why I wanted to have them in the first place.  And, as always, I loved them.

They are a miracle, too.  My own miracle--even better than a silly nasturtium plant.

No comments: