Friday, April 17, 2009

This is going to be OK...

Well, the kids and I have spent our first day without Martin. It was manageable. It was actually better than I thought it would be. One of the advantages of being an eternal pessimist, really. You are never caught out, and when things go well it is a pleasant surprise.

Christine is still having to come over to help me get Dylan into bed. I can't lift him up into his crib or carry him down the stairs. She came over yesterday for nap time since Martin was at work, and she came over for bed time tonight since Martin is at work again. Other than having her lift him up and carry him for me though, I've done it on my own. I feel like superwoman. And man, am I ever tired!

But the house is reasonable clean (so much easier to keep it clean when Martin isn't home), Dylan is tucked up in bed, Edith is curled up on my chest napping, and I am about to get some sleep myself.

We are having a new bed for Dylan delivered on Tuesday, and then I won't have to lift him into his crib for sleeping. It'll just be the stairs to contend with, and I can manage that.

This is so do-able. I can handle two kids. I've been so worried about this for months, but today it all seems like it'll be OK. I'm sure I'll have days when my two little ones seem like to much to handle, but for now I feel capable and competent. And I have my beautiful daughter cuddled up with me and my lovely son has been SO good today, my gorgeous husband will be coming home to me tonight with hugs and kisses and a curry, and I know that life doesn't get any better than this.

I am content!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

see its gets easier just get a schudule and stick to it

kriddlec said...

I am glad to hear you sound so OPTIMISTIC! :) Love you all.

Adriane said...

So happy for you all. It sounds like you have it all under control and figured out.