Wednesday, April 01, 2009

And with no further ado, I give you.....

Well everybody, I am sure you are all dying for me to tell you the big news! Today, at 13.44 GMT, in Scunthorpe General Hospital, Theatre D our new addition put in their first appearance. And what a corker. They weighed 9 pounds 10 and a half ounces (yes I have typed that correctly) and measured a rather grand 21 and 1/2". And it was a .... good delivery, with the doctor's doing and excellent job with Jamie. They removed the old scar on her tummy, so she did kind of get the little tummy tuck that she wanted and she is doing great. Jamie is planning on staying in the hospital until Sunday so that she can get plenty of rest, which I think is a great idea, as it would be really difficult for her at home.

Dylan was great at my Mum and Dad's, especially for so long. It is the first time he has been away from both of us for that long, but if I am honest, we could have left him for a week and he would have been just fine. He was very happy to see his Mom again though, and did take rather well to the new addition as well.

Ok, I suppose I should tell you what the new addition to the family is going to be called. We have decided, after much deliberation, and we did discuss it a lot, mostly whilst we are at the cinema, watching the credits to name the new member of the Gilbert family, who will be lovely to have around......Edith Alyssa. Hope everyone likes it. Kind of tough if you don't!

Just so you can see how lovely she is I have some pictures as well. Catch you all soon.





18 comments:

Jamie said...

Ooops forgot. Labour lasted for 32 hours with about 1cm dilation max. sucky

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your newest addition!! She is beautiful and I can't wait to see her someday!!!
Hugs .... Becki

Anonymous said...

that's quite a forgot dad. LOL.
Congrats!! She's a beaute!

Love to all! Meows & hugs!!!

Anonymous said...

She's wonderfully beautiful.
Congrats to Mom, Dad & Dylan. And it just keeps getting better!

Hugs......Deedee in Utah!

Anonymous said...

Oops forgot to mention. I also have a new additional to my family. Halena had a baby girl, Aiyana Caryna Blandford, Monday 3/30/09 @ 8:30pm, 7lb 12oz, 20 inches long. She's also amazing! Thalia is beyond herself with joy.

Wow, how exciting for you all..... A girl!

Deedee in Utah!!

Celeste said...

Congratulations!

ShaNeil Cook Coons said...

Yay! She sounds like a chunky child! :) I can't wait to meet her!

kriddlec said...

Hurrah! I'm glad to know she has a name...that was the first question I asked Dad, and may or may not have told me her name was Monster. (I think he said this only because of her impressive weight and lack of name, not for any other reason). My thoughts and excitement are both with the Gilberts tonight!

Greg, Ang & 4 kidlets said...

Congrats- she is a pretty little (big) thing:) Glad everything turned out well. Love ya!

Adriane said...

She is so cute! I thought it would be a girl!Congratulations to the Gilberts

Michelle and Nick said...

Yahoo!! We are so happy for your family. She is beautiful! Hopefully we can meet her before too long. Big hugs coming your way!!!

Unknown said...

holy cow well you dont have to worry about which nowborn outfit to put her in becasue she already grown out of them. SHes very cute thats why she stay in you so long becasue she loves her mama. CONGRATs

Alena said...

Congratulations!

ShaNeil Cook Coons said...

I forgot to tell you haw happy I am that she's a girl. Seriously...I had bets going on this, and now I get a 20 minute hand/foot massage! :)

Adams Family Album said...

Hooray! It's a girl and she's darling! Good job Mom! I'm so happy for you!

V said...

Congrats you guys!

Deanna Craven said...

So gorgeous! I'm sooooo totally happy for you guys! Big huggggggss to you all!

Love from,
Deanna, Sam and Evie

Hooper's said...

She is beautiful! I LOVE her rolls. Congratulations!